Back when I was hustling to become a customer experience consultant and keynote speaker, I spent 1000′s of hours researching how companies become leaders in customer experience. I examined companies like Starbucks and Zappos in awe of how they grew to become a world-renowned, customer focused organization. As I say in many of my keynote speeches, the primary reason I devoted my career to customer experience management is because it earns greater profits and revenue. Consider me a capitalist.
I’ve learned a lot about customer experience in my career. I know that if you want to improve your customer experience within your organization, you don’t start with the customer. Southwest Airlines taught me that you must first begin with your employee’s experience. It made sense to me; you can build all the systems in the world to improve your customer experience but if you don’t have the right people pushing those programs forward than it won’t truly bring you value.
I also know that onboarding employees (how your employees are welcomed to your organization once they’re hired) will increase employee retention and loyalty. It will also set an example of how they should treat your customers.
Now, what I learned next is where the dollars come into play. I believe most organizations try to increase their customer acquisition inorganically. Why do we focus so much of our resources (time and money) trying to create a relationship with customers who have no rapport with us at all? Instead, focus on the customers who currently love your company and entice them to reuse your services later this year or have them refer a family, friend or colleague to your businesses. Being able to do this requires a compelling customer experience.
These are just a few of the lessons I have learned along the way that I now pass along to my clients and audience to grow their profits, revenue and brand awareness.
If you know my back story, I once approached the university I was attending and asked how I could earn a degree in customer experience management. Back then, and even now, there really wasn’t a formal degree in customer experience, which I find absurd. Why aren’t we educating ourselves on what truly builds successful businesses? Look around you, the most profitable and admired companies obsess over their customer and employee experience.
With this in mind, I set off to create a new experience. Let me introduce you to the Experience Academy.
The Experience Academy is a six module online course that will give you EVERYTHING you need to become more focused on your customers and employees. I’ve condensed 7 years and 1000′s of hours of studying to create a comprehensive digital course that will show you how to create a successful customer experience.
If you aspire to increase your customer and employee loyalty, Experience Academy is your solution. If your company is good but you want to be great, this is your solution. If you are great but you want to become legendary, this is your solution.
The 6 module course will cover 6 essential topics to become more customer and employee focused:
- Recruiting, hiring and HR: You can not have an exceptional customer experience if you don’t have the right people on your team. In this module, I will give you hiring tips, interview templates, world class employee onboarding strategies, best practices on how to identify a “bad hire” and share the hiring secrets from admired companies
- World class employee training: After hiring your superstars, I will teach you what your training programs should look, feel and act like. If you believe you have a great training program now, you will still want to know my personal training secrets. After all, your employees must be the most educated people in your organization. In this module, I will give you unbranded training programs, workbooks and PowerPoint slide decks that you can use the very next day. Also, I will outline the common training mistakes that most organizations make. Lastly, I will give you some inside training information from companies you have grown to admire for their level of customer service.
- Voice of the Customer (customer surveys): I believe that most companies are using customer surveys inaccurately (even the best companies). In this module, I will introduce you to the Net Promoter Score (how to build, deploy and manage a comprehensive program), I will recommend software to use (regardless of the size of your company or industry), how to collect the information and share it across your organization and how to improve your operation based on the feedback you have received. Furthermore, I will give you an blueprint of how to handle customer feedback and why you MUST gather it.
- Employee Recognition: If you’re hiring correctly than your employees don’t want to be recognized by giving them cash or electronic incentives. There are much more affordable ways to increase employee morale and recognize your employees accomplishments in a way that truly resonates with them. In this module, I give examples, ideas and ways to increase your employee morale. If you want to improve employee morale and reduce employee turnover than this is the module for you.
- Customer Acquisition: Before you start trying to sell to a customer who you don’t have rapport with you must first look internally. Your business today might have 10, 100 or 1000′s of current customers who are happy and love you, you must leverage them to earn more repeat business referrals and grow organically. In this module, I will outline how to do this. I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to earn more customers, earn more profit and be more successful.
- Customer Retention: Whether you can identify them or not, you have customers today who are unhappy and spreading negative reviews by word of mouth. We must all be focused on increasing customer retention to grow our business or departments. In this module, I will give you a blueprint on how I helped a company reduce customer complaints by 33% in three months! I will give you all the tools you need to do this and understand your customer’s current behaviour to stop negative word of mouth being spread about your company.
What were the primary reasons why the Experience Academy was created?: This question is three fold:
- I want to share my expertise with you: I’ve done all the heavy lifting. Allow me to share my expertise with you in an engaging, digital format.
- I want you to be successful: I’m thankful that you follow my blog and write to me after I release a post. I believe many of us have established an amazing connection and have become friends. I want everyone around me to be successful and, by sharing my expertise, I believe I can help you
- I want to reach a larger audience: I’m only one person and can only work with so many clients. Considering I can charge up to $500/hour for my consulting services and up to $20,000/speaking engagement, not everyone can afford to work with me and I want to change that. I want you to be successful at an affordable price
Who should enroll in Experience Academy? Any entrepreneur who wants to “hack” (find a more efficient means) their way to greater business success. Middle managers and department leaders who want resources that will grow their operations and bring new solutions to their organization. Professionals that want a competitive advantage against their peers to earn that next promotion and raise.
How much will it cost? After we have launched in private beta, we will finalize the price. As of today, the entire module course will be $999.99 or individual modules can be purchased for $199.99 each. There will also be a monthly subscription service to keep you up-to-date with the latest trends, observations and tools to ensure you are consistently refining your customer and employee experience operations.
What’s the ROI? This education and actionable resources will grow and improve your business. Plus, you will receive a certification after successfully completing the short exams at the end of each module that can be profiled on your LinkedIn account and resume. Lastly, this isn’t a theory type course. the program will give you tangible documents and templates that you can use within your business immediately.
When will it be released? January 2015
Will organizations be offered group rates? Yes, my team and I have considered this. If your company wants to buy several modules for different locations (ie. multi-location retail stores) we will coordinate an all-inclusive package.
The product is launching in January 2015. Do you want to be a part of the private beta trial before it is released to the public for free?
Sign up here http://www.experienceacademy.co/
If you have any question, feel free to email me at email@example.com. If the Experience Academy excites you, please share it with your colleagues and social networks.
There is more information to be released soon and I look forward to providing you with massive value.